There are many people who don’t know what anaerobic exercise is, but now you will know all about it. You are doing anaerobic exercise daily like dancing, riding a bike and jumping. Also, it has many health benefits including improves heart health, increases your metabolism and leads to weight loss and more.
If you’re looking for the best way to lose weight and build muscle, then consider anaerobic exercise. Anaerobic exercises are high intensity workouts that don’t require your body to utilize oxygen.
Anaerobic exercise is similar to aerobic exercise but they use different forms of energy in your body – immediately and quickly. So, read this article till the end to know everything that you need to know about anaerobic exercise.
Table of Contents
What is Anaerobic Exercise
Anaerobic exercise means you are working at a high intensity and higher power version of exercise. Anaerobic exercise is a very common and effective workout for your body, also this kind of exercise can improve your muscle strength and endurance.
Anaerobic exercise includes high intensity training such as yoga, weight lifting, circuit training and different forms of strength training.
Anaerobic exercise can be both strength training and cardio activity. And the main difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise is the intensity at which you are working.
What is The Type of Anaerobic Exercises?
Anaerobic exercise is a type of activity that breaks down glucose for energy without using oxygen. Basically, these types of activities are high intensity with short length.
Anaerobic exercise can be strength training and cardio activities, so here are good examples of anaerobic exercise including:
- Heavy Weight lifting that challenge your body
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Bike riding
- Tabata Training
- Plyometric training
- Jumping rope
If your thinking about anaerobic exercise is easy to perform but the reality isn’t easy, it’s very important to find a personal trainer(certified) to help you to learn proper form and develop your workout routine.
Once you learn about how to perform anaerobic exercise then follow these tips to start:
- First warm up and spend 5 to10 minutes to warming up
- Start focusing on larger muscle groups then come to smaller group muscles
- Try to do three to four sets with 15 to 18 reps of each exercise
- Make sure that you know the technique because that techniques are more important than the speed
- incorporate with different exercise and challenge your body with new ways
Before starting any exercise routine consult a doctor because they can help you find the best regime based on your medical history and your fitness level. Start slowly and build your strength and endurance. If you’re working like crazy in the beginning that leads to injury, that you don’t want.
The Difference Between Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercises
The aerobic and anaerobic exercises are a bit similar. Aerobic exercise produces energy using oxygen to support the current level of activity, but anaerobic exercise prompts your body to demand more energy.
To produce more energy your body uses anaerobic activities that will rely on energy sources stored in your muscles.
Slower-paced exercise such as Cycling, walking and jogging are types of aerobic exercise. Fast-paced exercise like high-intensity interval training (HIIT), sprinting, jumping rope and Plyometric training are types of anaerobic exercise.
The biggest difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise is the intensity that you are working. Aerobic exercise means with oxygen and anaerobic exercise means without oxygen.
Benefits of Anaerobic Exercise
Anaerobic exercise has many health benefits and increases your fitness level. If you will be working every day and harder with anaerobic exercise, all while burn more calories.
If you’re looking for a way to lose weight and build muscles then anaerobic exercise is a great way.
Here are listed some other benefits include:
- Boost Endurance: Do some anaerobic exercise on a daily basis and your other exercise also will get easier.
- Promotes Weight Maintenance: Anaerobic exercise helps to maintain a healthy weight and this exercise helps your body to handle lactic acid more effectively.
- Increase Density and Bone Strength: Anaerobic exercise like resistance training can help to increase the strength and density of your bones that will also reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Boosts Metabolism: Anaerobic exercise boosts your metabolism and it will build and maintain lean muscle. If you have leaner muscle then the more calories you will burn during the workout.
- Improve Vo2 max: Doing anaerobic exercise your body will learn how to use more oxygen and convert into energy to increase your strength to exercise longer.
- Fights with Depression: Many studies show that doing anaerobic exercise like strength training can decrease feelings of tension and depression and boost your mood.
- Reduces Risk of Disease: Anaerobic exercise like high-intensity training, push ups and bodyweight squats can reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Increases your Overall Energy: Doing consistent anaerobic exercise can boost your overall energy and increase your body ability to store glycogen. This exercise can improve your athletic ability.
- Burn Fat: One study showed that high-intensity exercise can be effective and help to burn more fat.
How Much Anaerobic Exercise Do You Need Per Week?
The Centers for Disease Control and prevention (CDC) recommends working an average of 150 minutes of moderate activities every week and along with 2 or 3 days of strength training.
You can do 20 to 30 minutes of anaerobic activities each day, 5 days per week and 2- or 3-days strength training.
Strength training and cardio activities are important for your health, and it’s very important to have a good workout routine, including aerobic and anaerobic exercise. Don’t stick to the same routine, challenge your body with new exercise, otherwise you may get bored.
QNAs On Anaerobic Exercise
What are Some Examples of Anaerobic Exercise?
01. Example of anaerobic exercise:
02. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
03. Plyometrics training
04. Jump squats
06. Heavy weight lifting
Does Anaerobic Exercise Burn Fat?
Well, anaerobic exercise has a place in a fitness routine and anaerobic exercise like high-intensity interval training (HIIT) can be more effective for burn fat or fat loss. If you’re doing HIIT and strength training that will lead to fat loss.
Is it Better to Do Aerobic or Anaerobic Exercise First?
Most fitness experts will advise you to do cardio after the weight training, because if you are doing cardio first it will use more of the energy source for your anaerobic work. And weakness the muscles.
How Long Should Anaerobic Exercise Last?
Anaerobic exercise uses energy that is available in your muscle, because the body isn’t relying on oxygen, and these powerful movements can only sustain for 10 to 20 seconds.
Anaerobic exercise improves your body and lungs, and doing anaerobic exercise daily will have many health benefits. But most people avoid these types of exercise because it is hard. While practicing simple anaerobic exercise you may get many health benefits.
Hopefully you like this article, if you have any questions and suggestions kindly put them in the comment box below.
You’ll also like:
- How Much Weight Can You Lose in a Month – Healthy Weight Loss
- Burpee Workout – 05 Best Ultimate Bodyweight Exercises to Get Fit
- 17 Foods That Build Your Immune System to Fight Covid-19
- 10 Best Shoulder Workouts – Best Shoulder Exercises for Beginners
- How to Get Your Taste and Smell Back After COVID-19