The best way you can keep your skin healthy is by using natural ways. Nature has given us the best ingredients which we can use in numerous ways, and one of them is for keeping our skin healthy. Trust me, Natural remedies over cosmetics is a big yes. As there are no side effects of it plus they are guaranteed remedies.
If we talk about rice water, it’s full of enriching nutrients. It comprises 16 percent of protein in it which is responsible for growing blocks of skin cells.
So eventually, use of rice water can tone your skin by building up new skin cells, though it’ll take time but trust me the result will be worth waiting for.
Rice Water Benefits for the Skin
I have stated some of the benefits of rice water for your skin, just have a look and know that rice water can work wonders for your skin.
1. Cures Sunburn
You can apply cooled down rice water on the parts where you have sun damage. The cooling effect of rice water can soothe all the inflammation, redness and itching caused by sun damage.
2. Treats Oily Skin
Rice water washes out most of the starch from rice so that starchy rice water can tighten the pores on your skin and hence protect your skin from becoming oily again.
3. Skin Brightener
Rice water contains special types of enzymes that can work wonders on your skin. Rice water can help to reduce dark spots on your skin and lighten your skin tone. It gives a natural glow to your face and a smooth texture too.
4. It has Anti-Aging Properties
Use of rice water on your skin can reduce the elasticity of your skin, as it can stop the activity of elastase. Hence, rice water can reduce lines and wrinkle formation.
5. Cures Dandruff
Rice water is a natural chemical-free hair cleanser. You can use it as an alternative to shampoo. Washing your scalp with it balances the PH-level of your scalp which helps your scalp preserve the hair’s natural oils.
6. Prevents Skin Cancer
As rice water builds up skin cells and rejuvenates your skin which keeps the texture of your skin smooth and soft. It contains antioxidants which can prevent you from various types of skin cancer by keeping your skin healthy and beautiful. Use it in above specified ways.
7. Cures Acne and Pimple Problems
High content of starch makes rice water do miracles on skin. It works as a natural astringent. Simply by bathing in rice water twice a day you can help your skin pimple-free and selfie friendly.
8. Aid Dry Skin
Rice water contains allantoin. Allantoin is known for soothing properties and for moisturizing the skin by keeping it hydrated for a long time. As it closes and tightens the open pores of the skin it hence prevents skin’s natural oils keeping it look healthy, bouncy and moisturized. You can simply apply rice water on your face or can try it out with other skin moisturizers.
How to Use Rice Water on Your Face?
Before using it, a question arises i.e., how to make rice water? you can make rice water in 3 ways stated below:
- Soaking: Wash rice under a running water tap and then soak the washed rice in water. Let it sit for half an hour. After that, strain water from rice and store it in a tight-lid bottle. And Taadaah! it’s ready to use. you can use the same water minimum for a week.
- Boiling: The rice water left out after you strain it from cooked rice. Let it cool down and then store it in a tight-lid bottle and this way also you can store it just for a week.
- Fermentation: The best and proven effective way is to use rice water by fermentation process. Firstly rinse rice properly with water and put those rice in a glass bowl filled with water. Let it sit for 2 days, which in turn will make it ferment. After two days, strain water from it and store it in a glass bottle and it’s ready to use and refrigerated.
Here are Some Possible Ways in Which You Can Use Rice Water
- Dip a cotton ball in cool rice water and dab it on the irritated skin. leave it for 8-10 minutes and then rinse from normal water. Don’t forget to apply moisturizer after it. Repeat it for twice a day and for 5-6 days.
- Take a cotton cloth and dip it in rice water. Squeeze it a little and put it on your face. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes. After that take the cloth out and wash your face followed by applying moisturizer.
- Fill a spray bottle with rice water(you can add rose water with it).Spray it on your face and neck at night, followed by aloe vera gel. Rinse your face in the morning with lukewarm water.
- you can also add your favorite oils with rice water and apply it in your hair.
- Add rice water to the bath to rejuvenate skin.
- Add rice flour to rice water and use it to exfoliate your skin. It can be used as a scrub.
- You can simply dip your face into a large bowl filled with cool rice water.
- You can make DIY packs with rice water as the base and add aloe vera, honey, ground oats and natural oils to make it more good.
Risks of Using Rice Water on Skin
There are no such risks in using rice water. Though what can make a difference is leaving rice water on room temperature for more than 24 hours can make it less efficient and can reduce it’s benefits. So keep in mind to refrigerate it after use. also don’t use the same water for more than a week as it also prevents it from working up to its extent.
Can Rice Water be Left on Your Face Overnight?
The short answer to the question is YES! just take care of moisturizing your face regularly after it’s used. also keep in mind not to use the same water for more than a week. As it will not give you the best results.
Now that you have read this post, don’t you agree that an inexpensive way which can do such miracles is good to go with? Instead of spending a lot of money on various types of cosmetic products which have no guarantee is just a waste.
Why not just give it a try in a natural way which has nothing to lose. Just some rice water which is most probably thrown out by most of the people after separating it from boiled rice.
Works of rice water are proven by various scientific labs and also it is an old era’s famous way to look attractive. Most of the beauty products contain it and also various saloons use it for facial and spa.
At last I suggest you try it on your skin and see for the results on your own and be ready to look like a baddie.
You’ll also like: