There are a lot of people having peanut butter and jam with bread, sometimes they think What’s the difference between peanut butter and jam. So, here we are given all the information, so read the article till the end.
Bread is a common food that is eaten all around the world, to make it tastier, people use peanut butter and jam and jam and peanut butter are world famous spreads.
What is Peanut Butter?
Peanut butter is an unprocessed food. Peanut butter is basically just a peanut paste, it’s often roasted and that is ground until the peanut can turn into a paste.
Peanut butter contains some additional ingredients such as sungar, salt, sweeteners and vegetable oil, that will modify the taste and texture of peanut butter.
There are many peanut butter brands, but choose the right peanut butter. It should contain only peanuts and a bit salt.
Peanut Butter is Good Protein Source
Peanut butter is good for health and will help you to get three macronutrients and its good energy source.
100g of peanut butter contains a total of 588 calories.
- Fat: 50 grams of fat about 72% of calories
- Protein: 25 grams of protein about 15% of calories
- Carbohydrate: 20 grams of carbs about 13% of calories
Peanut Butter is Rich in Minerals and Vitamins
Peanut butter is also rich in minerals and vitamins, 100g of peanut butter gives many minerals and vitamins.
- Manganese: 73 percent of the RDA
- Magnesium: 39 percent of the RDA
- Copper: 24 percent of the RDA
- Vitamin B3: 67 percent of the RDA
- Vitamin E: 45 percent of the RDA
What is Jam?
Jam is a condiment and is a fruit preserve, which can be made from sugar, pressed fruits and vegetables. To make jam they generally add apple, apricot, strawberry and mango.
Most of the jams are cooked, after that normally they are put into an airtight jar. They add fruits as much as sugar and they cook together until they get gel.
Jam is Good for Health
Jams are rich in sugar and a great source of Fiber and Energy, generally jams are made up of healthy fruits, these can help you to reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack and more.
Having more and more jam may lead to weight gain and type 2 diabetes.
100g of jam contains:
- Calories: 278 Calories
- Fat: 0.1g of Fat
- Protein: 0.4g of Protein
- Carbohydrate: 69g of Carbs
- Fiber: 1.1g of Fiber
What’s the Difference Between Peanut Butter and Jam?
1. Peanut butter is made from preserved fruits and peanut butter is made from roasted peanuts.
02. Jams can be sweet but peanut butter is salted.
03. Peanut butter normally tastes the same but jam can be in different flavors.
Hopefully you like this article, peanut butter and jams are world famous spreads and these are breakfast recipes. Before buying a peanut butter or jam check the label and ingredients.
If you have any suggestion and question kindly put them in the comment box below.
You’ll also like:
- Benefits of Curry Leaves, Recipe, Nutrition Values & other Names
- Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss, recipe, Side Effects & other benefits
- Importance of Water – 10 Reasons Why Water is Important to Human
- How Long Does Raw Chicken Last in the Fridge?
- How to Get Your Taste and Smell Back After COVID-19