There are many myths and misconceptions surrounding masturbation, and it’s been linked to everything from hair fall to blindness. This myth that masturbation causes hair fall, this may come from theories about protein loss or changes in testosterone, but this myth has no scientific backing.
Masturbation has few risks, but they aren’t associated with any harmful side effects. In fact, masturbation has many physical and mental health benefits. You can boost your mood and you can relieve stress. It’s also a fun and safe way to practice self-love and explore your body.
Masturbation is a regular part of life for many people, and in a survey of more than 2,000 adults, 80% of women and men found masturbating.
read the article till the end, we take a closer look at why people think that masturbation causes hair fall, and other masturbation myths and facts, also understand real causes of hair loss.
- Also Read : Masturbation Effects on Kidneys and Back Pain, Benefits, Side Effects
- Also Read : 10 Reasons for Having a Salty Taste in Mouth, Treatment and More
Table of Contents
Does Masturbation Cause Hair Fall?
The short answer is NO, masturbation does not cause hair fall and there is no scientific evidence that masturbation causes hair fall. It just like having sex does not affect your hair and does not cause any harmful side effects similarly, masturbation does not cause hair loss.
This myth may come from the theories about protein loss and changes in testosterone level. So, there is no proven scientific evidence that masturbation cause hair fall.
Studies show that excessive hair fall in men results from stress, harsh chemical treatments and genetic male pattern baldness.
Busting Other Masturbation Myths
Masturbation has its own benefits and risks, but there are many myths about masturbation and also modern science has not proven that it is the cause of any specific physical ailments.
Alongside hair loss, here are some common myths about masturbation includes:
- Masturbation causes hair to grow on the palms or gives you hairy palms: this is a big myth; humans don’t have follicles on their palms.
- Masturbation leads to blindness or makes you blind: This isn’t true, there is no relation between masturbation and your eyesight.
- Masturbation does permanent damage to your genitals or gives you a smaller, curved penis: this is a myth and masturbation will not give you a smaller or curved penis, also there is no link between masturbation and penis size.
- Masturbation cause impotence in men, and infertility in women: you may hear the myths that masturbation can lower your sperm count and reduce your sex drive. These are not true, and there is no link between masturbation and erectile dysfunction.
How Do I Know If I Masturbate Too Much?
It’s common, normal and perfectly healthy to masturbate, but excessive masturbation may become a problem and it is possible to cause both psychological and physical harm by yourself.
If you’re cancelling social engagements and plans, or missing work or school due to masturbation, then you may be addicted to masturbation. This can cause relationship difficulties and you may feel ashamed and guilty.
Excessive masturbation may damage or irritate your pennies, or may cause the skin on your penis to become irritated. So, in this case best to take a break and let your skin recover.
If you’re concerned that you’re masturbating too much, then it’s a great idea to speak with a mental health provider or expert for advice and assistance.
Benefits of Masturbation
Masturbation generally isn’t harmful, in fact, there are many benefits of masturbation for your mental and sexual health. Benefits including:
- Stress relief: many people masturbate to relieve stress and help with sleep. It is considered a risk-free way to experience sexual pleasure – there is no risk of a sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) or pregnancy.
- Understanding the body: masturbation helps a person to become more familiar and comfortable with their body. Also, it helps them to understand their sexual sensation and what gives them pleasure. Studies have shown that women who masturbate early in life may have more positive sexual experiences as an adult.
- Physical health: orgasms boost blood circulation and improve your stamina and endurance. Masturbation benefits you by helping to get those orgasms with your help only.
- Masturbation helps to get rid of sexual tension.
- Masturbation helps to improve your self-esteem and sexual confidence.
Side Effects or Risks of Masturbation
Any kind of masturbation side effects or risk only occur when masturbating incorrectly or excessively. The side effects are not hair loss, but excessive masturbation can disrupt your daily life and routine.
Many people find it difficult to talk about, there are few side effects associated with masturbation, and it may be a problem if you masturbate too much.
- Too much masturbation causes problems in a relationship.
- Cause excessive guilt
- Interfere with work, school, or other aspects of an individual’s life
- Excessive masturbation, especially when you are too rough can result in swelling, irritations in your penile area or decreased sexual sensitivity.
If you warried that masturbation is become problem in your life, then take advise from doctor or sex therapist.
What Causes Hair Fall?
Masturbation does not cause hair fall, but the actual causes of hair fall is most often a combination of hormones and heredity. Here are some common causes of hair loss include:
- Major bodily Stress: major stress on the body, can result in a significant loss of hair. Anxiety and mental health issues can lead to hair loss. This kind of hair loss resolves on its own, but it may also be persistent.
- Male pattern baldness: pattern baldness is a genetic disorder and it is the most common cause of hair loss. According to the American Hair Loss Organization (AHLO), male pattern baldness causes over 95% of hair loss in men and it may affect 85% of men by the time they are 50.
- Alopecia areata: this form of alopecia typically leads in bald patches developing on the head. The hair loss can spread to include your entire scalp, body and your facial area.
- Certain Medications: some medications cause hair loss, including birth control pills and certain antidepressants, can cause hair loss as a side effect.
- Chemotherapy: it typically focuses on cancer cells, some of the cancer compounds in chemotherapy can cause as 90% of the person’s hair fall out.
FAQs on Masturbation and Hair Fall
Does Masturbation Cause Blindness
The short answer is NO, this is a common myth and there is no scientific evidence. In fact, it’s a link that has been debunked time and again.
Does Masturbation Affect Hair?
The short answer is NO, masturbation does not affect hair, but it helps to reduce stress which in turn can help reduce hair loss risks. So, masturbation for hair can do better than harm.
Will Masturbation Have an Impact on My Mental Health
Yes, research shows that masturbation can improve your mental health, and the release of pleasure you feel when you orgasm can: elevate your mood, help you to relax, help you to sleep better and ease pet-up stress.
Masturbation is a common activity that will not lead to hair loss and affect your health. Masturbation is safe, natural and healthy, it’s a great way to get in touch with your needs and wants.
How you masturbate is your personal decision, and there’s no right or wrong approach. Also, you should not feel guilt or shame for your choice.
Remember, masturbation does not cause any harmful side effects, but if you’re experiencing any symptoms or feel as though you’re masturbating too much, then see a doctor or a sex therapist so they can discuss any concerns you may have.
Hopefully, you like this article, if you have any questions and suggestions kindly put them in the comment box below.
You’ll also like: