Exercises for teenagers are key to stay healthy and build muscles, and exercises are very important for teenagers. So, here is a full body workout for teenagers at home without any equipment.
If you’re a teenager, you may be confused about how to exercise at home to get stronger, stay healthy or even lose or gain weight. Then there is good news, we listed 7 best full body exercises for teenagers, can be performed at home without any equipment.
Before we dive into this workout, you should note that a few muscles will not be targeted in this workout like biceps and back, these are very hard to workout at home.
But this full body workout will give you an excellent cardio workout to get stronger and improve your strength. Plus, these exercises will hit your abs, shoulders, chest, triceps, legs and more.
So, read the article till the end to know the full body workout for teenagers and can be performed without any equipment.
7 Best Exercises for Teenagers at Home
Traditional push-ups are a basic exercise and beneficial for building upper body strength. They work well on your shoulders, chest, and triceps. Also, if you are done with proper form, they can strengthen the lower back and core by engaging the abdominal muscles.
Note: push-ups are great, fast and effective exercise for building upper body strength.
So, push-ups are an excellent workout for teenagers at home because it just needs some space and your bodyweight to perform them.
How to perform at home:
- Get down yourself, your chest and stomach flat on the floor, placing your hands slightly wider than your shoulder-width apart.
- Strengthen your arms and your legs should be straight out behind you.
- Now, start lowering your body down until your chest nearly touches the floor.
- Hold the movement for a second and then push yourself back up to the starting position with controlled manner. That’s one rep.
- Do 2 sets of 8 to 10 reps.
02. Air Squats
Now, air squats. The squats are one of the best and easiest exercises for building a solid strength foundation and balance in your lower body. The air squats target your legs, thighs, quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings and it can also engage your core.
So, to perform properly, all you need is some space and your own body weight.
How to perform teenagers at home:
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, or wider if you feel more comfortable.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor and back straight at all times.
- Your arms are extended in front of you.
- Now, start squatting all the way down (your hips will move down and back).
- Make sure your knees never go past your toes.
- Your lumbar curve should be maintained.
- Now, return back all the up and squeeze your glutes.
- Do 3 sets of 12 to 14 reps.
Burpees are one of the best and easiest workouts for teenagers at home because you just need some space and your own bodyweight to perform them.
Burpee workouts are a full body exercise that consists of planks followed by a jump squat. It’s a total combination of both cardio exercise and building your muscles. Burpees may help you increase strength, burn more calories, and boost your cardio fitness.
- Related: What is a Burpee Workout? & Benefits
Burpee’s workouts also used to test strength and ability in the Army.
How to perform teenagers:
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Reach your arms up high and jump.
- Get into a squat position.
- Then lower your hands to the floor.
- Kick your feet back with weight on your hands to get into the push-up position.
- Do one push-up.
- Return your feet back to the squat position.
- Jump up quickly as high as possible. That’s one rep.
- Do 3 sets of 10 to 14 reps.
04. Stationary Lunge
Stationary lunges are an effective and easy way to target your glutes, hamstrings and quadriceps. Lunge exercise is best for teenagers to do at home without any equipment.
How to perform teenagers:
- Stand tall with your feet hip distance apart.
- Split your stance with your one leg in front. Your front foot should be flat on the floor, and your back foot should be up on its toes. That’s your starting position.
- Now, lower your back knee to a 90-degree angle. Bend your knees and lungs until your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Push up through your front foot to return back to the starting position.
- Repeat 3 sets of 14 to 18 reps.
Plank is one of the best and most effective exercises for teenagers. If you do it for 1 minutes every day, it will improve your body posture, by strengthening your back, shoulder, chest and abdominal muscles.
Plank exercise will target well on your core (abs), and improve your overall body strength.
How to perform teenagers:
- Lay on the floor with your elbows under your shoulders, and your hands flat on the floor and core engaged.
- Face down with your forearms touching the floor.
- Engage your abdominal muscles, keep your torso straight and your body in a straight line from your head to your toes.
- Hold the position for up to 60 seconds.
- Do this position for two times.
Dips are an effective and excellent exercise for targeting your triceps muscles. It also increases strength in the triceps, chest and general upper body area to deliver bigger muscles. Dips also increase strength in your abdominal muscles.
How to perform:
- Sit down on the edge of the chair and place your hands behind your hips (shoulder-width apart).
- Lift your buns off of the seat and walk your feet forward.
- Your legs flat out in front of you (heals touching the floor).
- Slowly lower yourself downward as far as you can.
- Hold the position for a second and then extend your arms to come back up to the starting position. That’s one rep.
- Do 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps.
07. Elevated Pike Push-Ups
Elevated pike push up is a great bodyweight exercise to develop a strong shoulder while you’re at home. To perform this exercise, you need an object to elevate your feet or anything that gets your feet up.
How to perform:
- Find a chair, bed or bench.
- Get your feet onto that object and place your hands on the floor shoulder-width.
- Make your torso as vertical as possible (pick through the hips).
- Do a push up straight below your head.
- Press back up to your start position.
Full Workout for Teenagers at Home
Now, you know how to perform each exercise as a teenager, let’s make a summary of the full body workout for teenagers. Also take a rest of 15 to 60 seconds in between the sets.
|Exercise||Sets & Reps|
|Push-Ups||2 Sets of 8 to 10 Reps|
|Air Squats||3 Sets of 12 to 14 reps|
|Burpees||3 Sets of 10 to 14 reps|
|Stationary Lunge||3 Sets of 14 to 18 reps|
|Plank||Do this exercise for 2 times|
|Dips||3 Sets of 8 to 12 reps|
|Elevated Pike Push-Ups||3 Sets of 8 to 12 reps|
Benefits From Regular Exercises for Teenagers
Doing exercise regularly as teenagers has many health, emotional and mental benefits. The below are some main benefits of doing exercise regularly.
- Keep your weight under control
- Improves blood circulation
- Prevent bone loss
- Boosts your energy level
- Release tension
- Prevent and manages high blood pressure
- Improve your sleep
- Increase muscle strength
- Fights anxiety and depression
- Manage your stress
- Improves your self-image
The above full body workout for teenagers at home, they can do it without equipment. For teenagers, exercising regularly is very important, it has many health, and mental benefits.
I recommend doing this workout everyday if you want to do it consistently. It takes around 45 to 60 seconds to complete.
Hopefully, you like this article if you have any questions and suggestions kindly put them in the comment box below. Thanks for reading.