No one wants man boobs, but how to get rid of man boobs. This is the most common question many people ask. When you gain weight in your chest, it can create the appearance of man boobs.
This is caused by excess fate that is stored in the chest area. Or result of a hormonal imbalance (the condition known as gynecomastia).
This condition is common and nothing to worry about, it may often resolve on its own and keeps hormone levels normal.
Man, boobs are very common, this is affecting 40 to 60 percent of men. There are many ways that man can get rid of boobs or unwanted chest fat.
You already know that a well-rounded exercise routine and balanced diet can help you lose weight, but if you’re targeting a specific area, then you need to do some extra effort and dedication.
So read this article till the end to know everything about how to get rid of man boobs and what causes it.
- Also Read : 10 Best Upper Ab Workouts – Upper Abs Exercise
- Also Read : 9 Best Lower Chest Workouts – Grow Your Lower Chest
What are Man Boobs
There are many medical conditions that cause breast enlargement in men. One is gynaecomastia, which is often referred to as man boobs. Which causes swollen breast tissue and becomes larger than normal.
This condition causes one or both sides of the chest that men end up looking like they have man boobs. And is common in men going through puberty.
This condition is caused by some issue with your testosterone level, having more oestrogen in the body.
However, most of the men, man boobs are common and simply a result of excess fat on the chest. So, by losing excess body fat and gaining muscle, you can get rid of your man boobs.
What Causes Man Boobs
Gynaecomastia is the main and most common cause by an imbalance between the hormone’s testosterone and oestrogen.
The hormone called testosterone controls male traits and oestrogen controls female traits. Male oestrogen levels that are out of balance with testosterone levels that can cause gynaecomastia.
Excess fat or obesity can also cause boobs to grow in man. Because being excess fat or overweight can increase your oestrogen level. As men get ager or older, their body produces less testosterone, these can lead to gynaecomastia.
Gynecomastia may cause by include drinking too much alcohol, infections in the testicles and taking illegal drugs.
What are the Best Ways to Get Rid of Man Boobs?
No treatment is needed to get rid of man boobs, some people try to reduce the cause of the gynaecomastia by changing medicines, treating the underlying medical condition, reducing excess fat and reducing alcohol, and more.
But, it’s very important to lead a healthy lifestyle, so try to exercise regularly, eat a balanced diet, and get enough sleep, and be aware of how much alcohol you’re drinking.
Gynaecomastia is very embarrassing and isolating, so it is my best idea to talk to friends and family about how you’re feeling.
It’s important to speak to a doctor or GP if you’re feeling you have gynecomastia, they should be able to find the cause and help you with recommending the right treatment for you.
Does it Serious risk to your health
Generally, having man boobs and gynecomastia isn’t a serious health problem, but it can affect your overall appearance. However, it can be linked with some serious medical problems.
If you’re feeling any of the following symptoms, you should visit your nearest hospital or talk to a doctor.
- Discharge from your nipples.
- If any changes in appearance to your nipples.
- Pain, tenderness or swelling on or around your nipples.
- If you’re experiencing losing body hair and lumps in other places.
If you notice any of these symptoms, speak to the doctor or your GP, they will be able to check what is causing it as well as providing you with treatment and support that you need.
5 Best Exercise that target your chest
You can work to strengthen the muscles in specific areas, but you cannot target one particular area on the body for fat loss. If you’re looking to get regular cardiovascular exercise and to lose fat, then you can try activities like swimming, cycling, walking and jogging.
You can get decent chest exercise at home by doing push-ups, you can go to the local gym, because there are many different weight machines that work well on your chest.
But before you start a weight machine workout, ask your personal trainer or local gym experts how to use machines because getting proper form is very important. It will keep you safe from injury and you can make exercise more effective.
So here we are listed 5 best effective chest-specific workouts you can try.
01. Pec Deck Machine
Before you start this exercise, select how much weight you want to work with using sliding pins.
How to do it:
- Adjust the seat so your handles are at the same height as your chest.
- Grab the handles and bring them forward as you exhale and engage your chest.
- Always keep your elbows slightly bent and keep your back straight, so this will help you target your chest more effectively rather than your shoulder.
- Return back to the starting position with an inhale, that’s one rep.
02. Barbell Bench Press
This exercise is best for targeting your chest very effectively. Make sure that while starting this exercise barbell on the rack and position yourself to take the medium grip on the bar, adjust the weight that you want to work.
How to do it:
- Lie on your back on the bench.
- Lift the weight and hold the bar straight over your body.
- Breathe in and slowly, lower the weight toward your chest, make sure that you will not touch your chest.
- Breathe out and push the weight up and return back to the starting position. That’s one rep.
03. Bent – forward cable crossover
This exercise is also best to target your chest with cable.
How to do it:
- Before starting this exercise, select your weight from both sides of the machine.
- Stand in the middle of the machine and grab handles with your palms face down.
- Bend your body forward maintaining a flat back, so this exercise targets your chest muscles.
- Push your arms down and cross over as you exhale.
- Slowly, return to the starting position with inhale. That’s one rep.
04. Jumping Jacks, 60 to 80 seconds
Jumping jacks is the best exercise and it needs no equipment. This exercise will raise your heart rate and help to warm up for the rest of your workout.
This will also help to burn more calories and best for weight loss.
How to do it:
- Simply stand on your feet together, and keep your hands at your sides.
- Slightly bend your knees, jump your feet up into the air and swing your arms overhead.
- As you jump spread your legs to be about shoulder-width apart.
- Land slowly on the floor, and your arms back to your sides.
- Repeat this exercise for 60 to 80 seconds.
Pushups are great exercise to build upper body strength and they work on your chest, triceps and shoulder. When you are done with proper form, they can also strengthen your chest muscle and burn more calories that can lead to fat loss.
How to do it:
- Get down on all fours, keep your hands slightly wider than your shoulder.
- Straighten your legs and arms.
- Slowly, lower your body until your chest touches the floor.
- Hold for second this movement.
- Then slowly push yourself back up to the starting position.
- That’s one rep, repeat this exercise as many reps you can.
Diet Changes to Get Rid of Man Boobs
Reducing weight through a healthy diet is another way to get rid of excess fat all over your body. It’s best to try making small changes to your eating routine. Lose weight in a healthy way like one or two pounds each week.
Before you start changing your eating routine, you need to know what you are eating currently. Cut this kind of food that is low in nutritional value and high in calories. Like sugary snacks, candy, soda and more, replace them with whole grains, lean proteins and other healthy foods.
Try to consume fewer calories from food and drinks, take help from professionals in diet or nutrient. There are a number of fruits and vegetables that are low in calories and high in nutrients.
Try to limit your carbs intake, here are best food that replace carbs intake including:
- Almonds and other nuts
- Apple Cider Vinegar Juice
- Chicken, lamb, and Fish
- Spinach and Broccoli
Are There any Creams and Pills that Work on Man Boobs?
If you feel that you have gynaecomastia, the first step is to speak to a doctor or GP who should find the cause and recommend the best treatment for you.
Your doctor may suggest your treatment and gynecomastia medication to adjust the hormone imbalance, remember that in most of the cases gynecomastia will diminish with time without any kind of treatment.
QNA on Get rid of man Boobs
Do Moobs Go Away?
No one wants man moobs, if you start living a healthy lifestyle it may go away by themselves. If you are experiencing any kind of symptoms, it is important to talk to the doctor about what you are feeling so they can help you with the best treatment.
What Foods Cause Man Breasts?
Here we are listed some foods that give you man boobs,
Supermarket cheese and meat
Why Do I Have Moobs When I’m Not Fat?
If you have little fat and your hormonal imbalances in the body, you will get that gynecomastia, so try to live a healthy lifestyle, exercise regularly, eat a balanced diet and get enough sleep.
The Bottom Line
No one wants man boobs, by understanding the root causes of gynecomastia and working on that will definitely get rid of man boobs. It’s very important to talk to a doctor because they can find out the cause and suggest your best treatment for you.
Hopefully, you like this article, if you have any question and suggestion kindly put them in the comment box below.
You’ll also like:
- Standing Cable Hip Extension Exercise – Exercise Guide and Video
- How to Do Preacher Curl with Perfect Form – It’s Benefits
- The Lateral Raise – How to Perform Lateral Raise, Benefits and Variations
- 7 Best Dumbbell Chest Exercises and It’s Benefits
- How to Do a Diamond Push Up – Diamond Push-Up Benefits