There are a number of skincare techniques that can improve the appearance and health of your skin. one of the simple and effective techniques is known as skin icing, which involves placing ice on your skin to acquire the benefits of a cooling agent.
Applying ice on your skin for health purposes is known as cryotherapy or cold therapy. Doing ice therapy can provide your skin and face with a number of distinct benefits.
There are a number of benefits for performing ice therapy on your face and each of these benefits relieve different skin problems.
So, read the article till the end, we will tell you more about skin icing, how to apply the ice on your face, and best practice tips.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Icing Your Face?
If you wake up feeling puffy or notice that your skin is dull, then facial icing might be the right morning move for you. Here are some main benefits of facial icing.
- It can Make You Glow Instantly: Icing constricts the blood vessels and soothes inflammation, improving blood flow which can lessen the appearance of pores and wrinkles. It can brighten your complexion and make you look brighter, lighter and thus; your skin gains instant glow.
- Icing Your Face Can Soothe Acne: Using ice on acne can help to treat acne, reduce the redness and inflammation by improving blood flow. It also minimizes skin pores to reduce excessive oil production.
- Reduce Puffiness Swelling and Tenderness Around the Eyes: Applying ice on your face regularly can reduce swelling and tenderness. You can also reduce bags under your eyes by applying ice or a cold compress to the area with mild pressure for a few minutes.
- Increase Products Absorption: If you rub ice on your face before applying your skincare products can help the products to reach the deeper layers of the skin and absorb better.
- Reduces Signs of Aging: Applying ice on your face daily can help to tighten your pores of the skin and limits the appearance of getting signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. Rubbing ice regularly can make your skin look younger and firmer.
- Treat Sunburns and Rashes: Rubbing ice is a great way to treat sunburns and rashes. Also, help you get rid of the redness and inflammation of the skin.
- Easy to Apply and Totally Free: Applying ice on your face doesn’t require any expensive products or fancy equipment. This is totally free, effective and the best way to care for your skin.
How to Apply Ice to Your Face?
Don’t apply ice directly to your face on its own, because it could cause redness and irritation. The best way to apply it is to wrap four or five ice cubes in a thin cloth, then begin to lightly massage your face with circular motion for two minutes.
Lightly massage the following areas:
- Around your mouth
Who Should Avoid Applying Ice on face?
Applying ice on your face is safe for most people, but if you are facing some skin conditions then you should avoid it.
- Sensitive or thin skin: If you have sensitive skin, then facial icing may cause redness and irritation.
- Facial procedures: if you’re recovering from any kind of surgery, or laser procedures, then try to avoid applying ice on your skin, and let your skin heal naturally.
- Broken Capillaries: if you notice redness or red lines under your skin, then avoid facial icing.
The Right Way of Applying Ice On Your face?
You know the benefits of facial icing, now you have to understand the right way to apply it. Before giving it a try, kindly discuss it with your doctor, because they may have some suggestions for your skin.
However, if you get the green light from your doctor, then here are some tips you need to follow.
- You can wrap a four to five ice cube in a thin cloth and apply it on your face.
- Remember, always wash your face before applying it.
- Use a dedicated ice tray for the ice cubes because you’re going to use it for your face. Always clean it after each use.
- Don’t apply ice on your skin more than one a day.
- Avoid holding the ice pack or cube on a particular area of your skin for too long.
- Be careful while applying ice around your eyes, and also don’t rub too hard under your eyes because it’s a sensitive area.
- Always massage ice in a small circular motion for the best results.
- If you feel any discomfort or you feel a burning sensation, then immediately stop the procedure and talk with the doctor if needed.
How Often Can You Apply Ice on Your Face?
Applying ice on your skin is a small and effective trick for a natural pick up. but remember it does not fix long term skin problems like wrinkles, acne, genetic under-eye-bugs or other issues.
Facial icing is a just temporary way to wake up your skin or it enhances your skin appearance after a long night. However, don’t apply ice on your face more than once a day.
Why are Facial Icing so Popular?
Applying ice on the face has become so popular because there are several reasons, including.
- It’s easy to apply.
- It’s totally natural, and non-chemically based.
- It’s free or inexpensive.
- It has many benefits if you apply daily.
- There’s anecdotal evidence.
- It’s widely popular on the internet.
Facial icing is very popular among many people, because it could be helpful for several skin conditions, like puffy eyes and acne. Many people suggest making ice cubes with different ingredients, like tomato pulp, aloe vera juice, and green tea, which can give your skin an extra dose of nutrients.
If you’re trying it for the first time, then discuss it with your doctor before applying it. They can determine if icing your face is best for your current skin.
Hopefully, you like this article, if you have any questions and suggestions kindly put them in the comment box below.
You’ll also like: