Shampoos without DMDM hydration are more popular among people and it is safe to use for healthy hair. Manu consumers are reported to be sensitive to this chemical and they may experience mild skin reactions like rashes and hives.
Recently, DMDM hydantoin has become well known due to reportedly causing hair loss for many people, because DMDM Hydantoin releases lower levels of formaldehyde.
It is very important to find products that contain no petrochemicals or synthetic fragrances that are best and healthy for your hair. There are many good hair care and skin care products formulated with pure botanical extracts from organic plants grown.
In this article, we are going to explain about what DMDM Hydantoin is and why DMDM hydantoin is bad for your hair. Also, read continuously to find out 11 best shampoos without DMDM Hydantoin.
- Also Read : How to Get Clear Skin Naturally Without Products – 10 Best Tips
- Also Read : Japanese Hair Straightening – What You Need To Know
What is DMDM Hydantoin?
DMDM hydantoin is a preservative component that is found in personal care products and scientifically known as dimethyl imidazolidine Dione.
DMDM hydantoin is a crystalline substance that is commonly found in hair care products and other cosmetic products to increase shelf-life. The hair care products like conditioners and shampoos.
DMDM hydantoin helps to prevent your products from getting bad by preventing the growth of yeast or fungi. It is also known to cause certain skin or even in extreme cases irritating the lungs.
Why is DMDM Hydantoin Bad for your Hair?
DMDM hydantoin is a good agent at preserving a products longevity, and it also releases small amounts of formaldehyde that may cause hair fall, dry scalp and weakened hair follicles.
So, if you want to use it safely, then get DMDM hydantoin free shampoos and conditioners. There are many products DMDM-free with affordable prices.
11 Best Shampoos without DMDM Hydantoin for Healthy Hair
Here is a list of 11 best shampoos without DMDM hydantoin for your strong and healthy hair. So, you can choose from this list that may suit your hair.
01. Pura D’or Original Gold Label Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo
Pura D’or Original gold label anti-hair thinning shampoo packed with incredible herbal ingredients like argan oil, black cumin seed oil, pumpkin seeds leaf oil, cedarwood bark oil. This shampoo is a clinically-tested formula and DMDM Hydantoin free shampoo.
The shampoo will help to prevent hair thinning, breakage and also increase the strength, volume and shine of your hair. Also, this will keep your hair healthier and repair damaged hair.
- Shampoos without DMDM hydantoin
- Suitable for all type of hairs
- Anti-thinning shampoo
- Blended with premium-quality oils
- Contains biotin, black cumin oil etc
- Free from gluten, parabens, SLS
- Some people find it bit greasy
02. BIOLAGE Color Last Shampoo
BIOLAGE color last shampoo is great for color-treated hair, and that needs intense care to dry out the natural oils for your hair. The biolage’s color last shampoo is vegan and DMDM hydantoin free shampoo, it will help to protect your hair, and nourishing the hair with healthy properties such as low pH and orchid extracts.
This shampoo has color protecting properties that will help in preventing any fading of color up to 9 to 10 weeks.
- DMDM hydantoin and parabens-free
- Maintains any hair color up to 9 to 10 weeks
- Low pH shampoo
- This shampoo contains sulfate
03. MATRIX Total Results Keep Me Vivid
This shampoo is color-treated hair with sulfate-free technology that will help retain the vibrant dyes.
The MATRIX total results keep me vivid Shampoo is a milky and foamy formula, that will gently clean your hair and make sure not fading of your dyed hair, and also give shine and vibrancy to your hair. This shampoo is the best shampoo without DMDM hydantoin for your healthy hair.
- Gentle formula
- DMDM hydantoin-free
- Contains pearl powder
- Best for dyed or colored hair
- This shampoo contains synthetic fragrance
04. NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Smooth Shampoo
NatureLab Tokyo Shampoo is popular among many women, and this shampoo is DMDM hydantoin-free and sulfates-free, and perfect for your haircare.
- Free of DMDM hydantoin, phthalates, and parabens
- Perfect collection for your hair care
- So many products available
- Little expensive
05. Avalon Organics Volumizing Rosemary Shampoo
Avalon Organics Volumizing Rosemary Shampoo is the best product that you may achieve with silky, healthy and voluminous hair. This shampoo is strictly formulated to provide thinning and broken-down hair.
This shampoo has ingredients like rosemary oil, aloe Vera, vitamin E, calendula and quinoa protein. It will help to lean thoroughly and maintain healthy hair while giving volume. This shampoo is free from SLS, phthalates and DMDM hydantoin. It will help to restore the pH balance of the hair.
- It will balance pH levels
- Free from DMDM hydantoin, phthalates, and SLS
- Provides ample moisture
- Clean and maintain your healthy hair and scalp
- Find the consistency bit watery
06. Herbal Essences Birch Bark Extract
Herbal Essences birch bark Extract shampoo is free from DMDM hydantoin and also smells amazing. This shampoo is also sulfate-free and verified by the environmental working group. Its gentle cleanse and maintain your healthy hair, and great for sensitive scalps.
- Free from sulfates, DMDM hydantoin
- Gentle cleanse your hair
- Excellent product for sensitive scalps
- Price also affordable
07. Ethique Mintasy Solid Shampoo for Normal to Dry Hair
This shampoo is very unique and it’s completely eco-friendly and doesn’t come in any wasteful or any plastic packaging. This shampoo comes in a compostable packing box and in the form of a reusable bar.
This bar shampoo is packed with ample moisture-promoting ingredients like cacao butter, cocoa butter, and peppermint oil and it will be best for frizzy and dry hair. This shampoo can be your go-to damage control shampoo, and also provides hydration boosting soft hair and improves your hair texture.
- 100% soap-free, and DMDM hydantoin free
- Travel-friendly shampoo
- Restores pH balance
- Best for color-treated hair
- Some people noticed, the longevity of the bar shampoo is could be unsatisfactory
08. OGX hydrating Teatree Mint Shampoo
This shampoo is without DMDM hydantoin, and makes your hair feel super fresh from the mint and tea tree. Dust and constant changes in weather can cause your hair to react adversely, weakened, dry hair, frizzy, and oily. So, to beat these causes, we suggest using OGX Hydrating Teatree Mint Shampoo, because that has organic ingredients.
- Sulfate-free and without DMDM hydantoin shampoo
- Suitable for all scalp and hair types
- Help in promoting hair growth
- Some people find the scent overpowering
09. Redken 5th Avenue NYC All Soft Moisturizing Shampoo
Redken All Soft Moisturizing Shampoo is best for your healthy hair and formulated with argan oil aims to provide moisture in your scalp and your hair root to the tip.
This product is great on your scalp and does not irritate your crown. Also, help to manage dry hair, frizz hair.
- Great on your scalp
- Contains argan oil
- Reduces frizz and increase hair moisture
- Makes hair soft and shiny upon washing
- This product is not an all sulfate-free formula
10. Attitude Shampoo for Sensitive Skin
The attitude shampoo is great for your healthy hair and made for sensitive skin, is hypoallergenic. This shampoo has argan oil that will help for extra nourishment.
Using this shampoo often makes your hair shiny, thick and gives volume to your healthy hair. It also includes moringa seed extract, which is known for its antipollution properties.
- Great for sensitive skin
- Provides shiny and volume to your hair
- DMDM hydantoin free
- Not an all sulfate-free formula
11. Vanicream Free and Clear Shampoo
Vanicream free and clear shampoo is clinically approved and it is free from ingredients like gluten, parabens, lanolin, formaldehydes, and sulfates. This shampoo removes dandruff, and avoids scalp irritation and itchiness.
- Free from lanolin, gluten, and DMDM hydantoin
- Best for oily scalp
- Gently prevents flakiness
- Dermatologist tested
- Helps removing dandruff
- Free from parabens, sulfates, and dyes
- Some people may find that they need to use a lot of product
How to Choose Best Shampoos Without DMDM Hydantoin
- Read the ingredients list: it is very important while choosing the best shampoos without DMDM hydantoin to read the ingredients list and understand what ingredients are used. Also choose a shampoo with ingredients that are mostly from natural extracts or organically sourced.
- Check reviews on the internet: this is the first step to read the reviews of particular products that you want to purchase.
- Not all chemicals are bad: check the sulfate is used in the product. Some of the common chemicals are betaines, decyl, lauryl glucoside or sultaines, these are not harmful for your hair.
These are the best 11 shampoos without DMDM hydantoin that you can purchase and add in your hair care routine.
When you’re cleaning up your hair, switching to shampoo without DMDM hydantoin is the great step. Can help you prevent hair loss, skin irritation in the short and long term.
Hopefully, you like this article, if you have any questions and suggestions kindly put them in the comment box below.
You’ll also like:
- Which is Best for Dandruff Onion or Lemon? – 08 Best Ways
- How to Get Defined Cheekbones – 5 best Facial Exercises
- What is a Lash Lift – Everything you Need to Know About Lash Lifts
- 11 Healthy Hair Tips for Men – Tips for Men’s Hair Care
- Beard Dandruff – How to Get Rid of Beard Dandruff and What Causes it?