Concentrate on whole-body strength-building workouts if you want to burn fat and lose weight. Exercises that engage your entire body are best since they use multiple muscle groups at once, which saves you time and effort.
You may burn fat and develop muscle with the appropriate strategy to weight loss, which helps you burn more calories even when you’re at rest.
Additionally, you’ll tone your body and probably begin to feel better both physically and psychologically as a result.
Be consistent and disciplined in your approach since your outcomes will depend on the calibre of the effort you put forth to achieve your objectives.
Let’s examine some of the top exercises for weight loss that are divided into beginner, moderate, and advanced workouts. Do 2 to 5 sets of 6 to 15 repetitions for each exercise.
Table of Contents
Full-Body Exercise to Lose Fat At Home
The standard fat-burning workouts, such as lunges, squats, crunches, and planks, are presumably familiar to you.
These take a lot of time and effort to accomplish even if they are unquestionably effective. Fewer repetitions at a higher intensity can increase calorie burn, and a few workouts you can do at home will help you achieve this.
This traditional bodyweight exercise can be adjusted to your level and to focus on particular muscles as needed. Check out a few beginner-friendly pushup variations.
How to Perform:
- Lay on your stomach with your legs outstretched to start.
- Put your palms directly beneath your shoulders on the ground.
- Lift your chest, torso, and legs off the floor while applying pressure with your hands and heels.
- Hold this posture for one second while engaging your core.
- Return to the starting position gradually.
2. Squat Jump
In this exercise, a plyometric jump is combined with a bodyweight squat. Your whole lower body, core, stability, coordination, balance, and cardio are all worked out.
How to Perform:
- With your arms at your sides, begin in a squat position. Your back should be upright, your core should be active, and your knees should be over your ankles.
- Jump straight up while pushing off the balls of your feet and using your core. Swing your arms to the ceiling as you do so.
- As you come back to the squat position, land quietly. Thus, one rep is finished.
Lunges can be executed using or without weights. Once your form is excellent, you can try different lunge variations.
- Step your right foot forward while still standing such that your knee forms a 90-degree angle with your foot.
- Be careful not to let your knee go past your ankle.
- Make sure your back knee is parallel to the ground.
- Before bringing your right leg back to the beginning position, pause for a second.
- Do the polar opposite.
4. Bodyweight Squats
Before using weights, practise bodyweight squats to refine your form. To change up your routine, there are many different squat variations.
- Your arms should be by your side while you stand with your feet hip-distance apart.
- As you push your hips back and down as if you’re going to sit down, engage your core and open up your chest.
- When your thighs are parallel to the ground, stop.
- To raise yourself back to the starting position, apply pressure to your feet.
You may always change burpees to make them simpler or more difficult to vary your routine.
- Put your feet directly beneath your hips as you stand.
- Squat down and place your hands beneath your shoulders on the floor.
- Returning to a pushup stance, hop your legs.
- Before launching your feet forward, perform 1 pushup.
- Arms raised in the air, spring up quickly.
- As soon as you touch down, squat back down.
Compound exercises like deadlifting work all of the major muscular groups in the body. By burning a lot of calories, this simultaneously promotes substantial amounts of fat reduction.
Additionally promoting muscle growth, deadlifts will raise your metabolism and help you burn more calories.
How to Perform:
- Place the barbell in front of your feet while standing with your feet hip-distance apart.
- As you tilt at your hips to pick up the barbell, bring your hips down and back slightly.
- In order to stand up, move your hips forward.
- Place the bar a little lower than your hips.
- Straighten your spine and slightly bend your knees.
- To lower the bar down to the floor, hinge back down to the beginning position while pushing your hips back and bending your knees.
You can perform this exercise with dumbbells to target other muscles, adding an extra challenge to your grip and shoulder stability.
7. Mountain Climber
Try mountain climbers if your aim for nicely defined abs is being hampered by lower belly fat.
This single exercise combines cardio and strength training, which is why it has the ability to burn fat quickly.
How to Perform:
- With your knees bent to 90 degrees and your arms at your sides, lie flat on the ground. The position of your back should be neutral.
- As much as you can, bend one knee toward you while maintaining the other leg straight.
- When doing so, make sure both knees are parallel to one another; swinging is not permitted. If necessary, put a pillow under your butt for improved stability and comfort.
- Bring your other leg forward to get back to the beginning position, then alternate legs for 20 to 30 seconds (or more).
- Unless advised, try to avoid pausing too frequently during reps; it’s bad for momentum.
8. High Knees
There are numerous advantages to doing this cardiac activity. While burning calories, your coordination and heart health will both improve.
How to Perform:
- Place your feet about hip-width apart and stand up straight.
- Hover your hands slightly above your belly button, palms towards the ground.
- Drive your right leg up quickly to touch your right hand. Return to the ground with the same leg.
- Repeat as soon as possible on your left leg, bringing your left knee up to your left hand. Thus, one rep is finished.
- Hop on one leg at a time, always remaining on the balls of your feet.
- As each knee rises to meet the hand, make sure your abdominal muscles are contracting.
9. Russian Twist
The fact that seated Russian twists reduce side fat is one of their biggest advantages.
The obliques, which are the muscles extending from the ribcage to the pelvic region, are the focus of this exercise. These aid in the burning of side belly fat and muffin top fat.
How to Perform:
- Your hands should be placed behind you as you sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you and hip-width apart.
- Lift your feet off the ground and position them just in front of a 90-degree angle with your body (so they should be higher than your hips).
- As you begin this exercise, twist to one side as if you’re attempting to touch your elbow to the knee on the other side while maintaining a straight back.
- Twist until you have completed a full revolution.
- Reverse direction and ascend through each of those positions until you are fully extended (with both arms pointed straight down toward the ground).
- Repeat on the opposite side as well.
10. Dumbbell Front Squat
You can strengthen your abs and develop general body strength by performing dumbbell front squats, which are an easy and efficient exercise.
You may deepen your squats without sacrificing quality because you are counterbalancing yourself by holding two dumbbells in front of you.
How to perform:
- Your feet should be hip-width apart, and you should hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- To place one end of each weight on your shoulders, bend your arms.
- From here, squat by bringing your hips back and down.
- Push through your heels forcefully to ascend to the starting position.
What Diet Should I Follow?
Weight loss requires both a healthy diet and regular exercise. You should minimise your calorie intake and stick to a balanced diet in addition to your exercise programme.
- Healthy Food: Choose protein, fibre, and healthy fats-rich foods instead of processed ones that are high in refined carbohydrates, salt, and sugar.
- Fruits and Veggies: Consume a lot of fresh produce and fruits.
- Hydration: To stay hydrated, cleanse your system, and make you feel satisfied as well as speed up your metabolism, drink plenty of water, healthy beverages, and unseated coffee or green tea. Include nutritious beverages like vegetable juice, coconut water, and herbal tea.
- Intermittent Fasting: Try intermittent fasting, which entails cycles of eating and fasting, can help you lower your calorie consumption without affecting your muscle mass.
- Behavioral Changes: Try making behavioural adjustments like reducing your portion sizes, utilising smaller plates, and chewing more slowly. You can also eat undistracted and with awareness, stopping before you reach fullness.
If you have the motivation, self-control, and dedication to stick to a balanced exercise and nutrition regimen, you may achieve your goals of increasing your strength and losing weight.
It can take a few months before you start to see benefits, but keep in mind that change takes time. Make healthy dietary adjustments and a commitment to exercising for at least 30 minutes each day if you want to lose weight.
Even once you begin to see success, keep up your routine to sustain your results. You’ll eventually start to feel more assured, strong, and healthy, which will encourage you to keep going.